We believe that network information should enhance the overall experience of your business and customers, making running networks simple.
Network operators are facing increasing pressures to enhance customer experience, increase network speeds and enable platforms that facilitate agile services. All whilst modernising network infrastructure, outsourcing capabilities and reducing overall costs. These challenges are set in an environment of increasing network complexity and rapidly changing technologies.
With conflict occurring between operators and the customer base, network infrastructure becomes a clear point of differentiation. Providing superior data speeds, great quality of calls and providing services whenever consumers demand presents network operators with many challenges.
Network modernisation and consolidation are often seen as the solution to many of these problems. Investment in ethernet backhaul is now ubiquitous across global networks in order to provide cost-effective traffic delivery, yet the timing of network elements and infrastructure is still paramount.
Network planners are having to deal with multiple timing technologies. This introduces problematic and highly complex planning scenarios, multiplying the risk of high-profile outages. This can lead to a scenario where hardware costs can escalate at a time where pressures to reduce expenditure are a real concern.
Operators are frustrated by the challenges faced in dealing with these issues. Whether it is a network planner who is putting off the stressful task of redesigning the synchronisation topology, or a network manager who is trying to make sense of the installed “as is” network in the event of a fault – manual designs are slowing network operators down.
Furthermore, the costs of installing timing infrastructure can be an unknown quantity – how many sync or sync enabled nodes are required? This presents the financial director or CIO problems when trying to justify their return on investment. Not enough deployed sync architecture will lead to poor network quality and consequently poor customer experience. However, too much and it will be a waste of valuable resources, a problem that will only get worse as the network expands.
The Horsebridge Sync Approach
Our network synchronisation consultancy services allow our clients to:
- Respond to faults quickly – reduce the downtime of network assets.
- Reduce stress – let us manage the entire life-cycle of your synchronisation investment.
- Make network synchronisation painless – over the past 17 years, we have provided an array of synchronisation services to operators throughout the world.
- Understand their network – using a visual representation of the network using our software, Sync Architect.
Our synchronisation planning tool, Sync Architect enables users to:
- Enhance customer experience by visually planning the network topology and demonstrate the resilience of synchronisation links, ensuring that the network is fault tolerant.
- Make faster decisions by sharing the network topology visually, enabling a deeper level of understanding of the installed infrastructure, which will provide both increased confidence and insight through improved knowledge.
- Improve profits as accurate network topology design optimises installed infrastructure – this can dramatically reduce the amount of infrastructure required, saving you money.
Learn more about the latest iteration of Sync Architect here.